Sunday 22 January 2012

Cake

So I'm way behind on my 3rd year birthday post for Rowan (it'll come- I promise little guy!), but thought I'd share our cake creation for this year...perhaps the most stellar one yet! 

Rowan asked for a Lightening McQueen cake.  Yikes.  3D cakes in the previous years haven't exactly turned out perfect, so I was leaning toward a 2D option...until Glen stepped in and said he could surely fashion the 3D shape of Lightening out of cake- as long as I was willing to ice it.  And...here goes:




(previous year's creations found below...)

1st Birthday:


2nd Birthday:
(yup- thats a pretty poor looking John Deere tractor and trailer!  Hence the reason that Glen was the cake constructor for Rowan's Lightening McQueen cake!)

1 comment:

  1. Omg Cor, I love it! I have had some cake creation attempts over the years for both kids and some years were far more appealing than others. Kudo's to you both for such awesome work!

    ReplyDelete