Monday 7 November 2011

baby carrying...

I'm holding on as long as I can...

I've had an emotional attachment with the Bjorn baby carrier since Rowan was born.  I.  LOVE.  IT.  Perhaps its the fact that I can inhale "baby smell" for the entire duration that I carry them infront of me, or perhaps it is the closeness they are to me...I'm not sure exactly, but it is the best damn baby invention ever.  Hands-down. 

I love that all their limbs are free, and both Rowan and Georgia are well known for kicking their feet and flailing their arms like crazy whenever they see something that stimulates them.  And I love that they can actually see- from the vantage point of an adult, they can take in the world around them much better than always sitting/laying in a stroller or car seat.  I'm a big proponent of "wearing" them in the grocery store, or mall (sometimes a little inconvenient if I want to try something on)- its easy, its safe, and they are the best darn accessory I've ever owned. 

I held out with the Bjorn until Rowan was 10 months (and about 19 lbs).  With Baby G at a healthy 20lbs at 6 1/2 months, I'm afraid my spine has requested I retire the use of it long before the 10-month mark.  We've already started the transition to the MEC backpack- still convenient, still a great option for forest walks, neighbourhood strolls, and to keep my hands free to help Rowan on his bike- but not quite the view that the Bjorn affords.  And I'm afraid I'd get a couple funny looks if I decided to sport the backpack in the grocery store.   I'll keep sneaking her into the Bjorn for the next little while at least...or at least until I can still fasten up the carrier with her winter clothes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment