Thursday 14 July 2011

Things I definitely don't want to forget as my babies grow older...

It's amazing how quickly these wee gaffers grow up.  Rowan is 2 1/2 going on 10, and Georgia, although just approaching her 3-month birthday, seems to be more alert and more muscularly developed than I remember Rowan at her age.  As they grow, I can't imagine not being able to remember some of their greatest one-liners or nuances...

  • Rowan has been learning his prepositions of late.  In fact, for the past 6 months (or longer), he's referred to himself in the 3rd person, which is initially a little odd, but the cute-factor far surpasses the oddity.  For the past couple weeks, he has been dropping "I" and "me" into his sentences- sometimes used appropriately, but often slightly off-base:  "Mommy, can you build a big-long-train whif I???"
  • Georgia has the "kicking leg" baby trait that I'd forgotten about with Rowan, and is so rewarding as a parent to demonstrate her excitement and happiness.  You know...that uncontrollable kick up and down, up and down with pointed toe, a massive smile glued to her face, and excitement all over the place.  LOVE IT!
  • Miss G was born with her 2 bottom teeth, although not poken through, they were just on the surface at birth.  Welcome to teething at 2 1/2 months.  She's taking it quite well, and for the most part, is the same happy-go-lucky babe, but the poor girl doesn't yet have the hand/eye coordination to bring a teether to her mouth for relief.
I'm sure there are more, but thats all I have for tonight.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment